Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Our Baby Pineapple

Four years ago I made a fruit salad for a friend's wedding reception. I used a watermelon as the bowl. I cut up two pineapples along with other fruit to fill the bowl. Pat took the top of the pineapple and planted it, and it grew. We have it in the lobby of Gafney Embroidery. We have been hoping for a pineapple to grow out of it. We researched how you get a pineapple to grow and followed the directions.
Last week I noticed a little pineapple growing out of the top. We took a picture of it today and used a ruler to show how small it is. We are soo excited, you would think it was a baby or something. We plan to take a picture every week to show the progress of the fruit. The plant started a second plant, we are hoping that it will also get a fruit on it, maybe next year.
watch for our updates.

4 comments:

  1. that's so cool!! hopefully it will grow big enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So there is hope for my pineapple plants! I just have to wait four years and maybe I'll get some fruit too! I'm very excited to see what happens

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing! Really cool. Hope it tastes great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of the coolest things I have ever heard. Hope and faith. You believed and God brought it to pass.

    ReplyDelete