Saturday, January 31, 2009
1. I am a Christian, gave my life to Christ in 1977, I was pregnant for Sarah when I got baptized.
2. I married my High School sweetheart, Nov 20, 1971.
3. My maternal grandmother's maiden name is Cashdollar, one of her brothers was NY State treasurer, he is mentioned in Ripley's Believe or Not.
4. Family tradition says that my paternal great grandfather was the Illegitimate son of the Prince of England, he and his mother (the maid) were sent to the U S and given the last name of Hyde. When he died his body was taken back to England and burried with royalty.
5. 50 of my facebook friends were kids that I worked with in Church activities.
6. 10 of my facebook friends were in a Girl Scout Troop that I led.
7. I have changed diapers on at least 12 of my facebook friends.
8. My first real job was working behind a candy counter in Grants Department store.
9. I learned how to drive in a 1968 Mercury Cougar.
10. I LOVE SNOW ! AND it is one of the things that I miss most from NY.
11. I went to three different High Schools.
12. I took Horse back riding lessons in High School and won two ribbons in competition.
13. I have sold Tupperware, Herbalife, Melaluca and most recently I sell Avon.
14. I had two girls from Viet Nam live with me and helped them learn how to speak English, (they are both very beautiful and successful young ladies now)
15. I was Deputy Town Clerk and Tax Collector in Shandaken NY.
16. I wish I had more time to knit, crochet, sew or scrapbook.
17. My Favorite things to watch on TV is Reality shows, the season is just getting going, American Idol,Survivor (2/12, Amazing Race (2/15).
18. Pat and I went to Hawaii 3 years in a row for our anniversary, 2004, 2005, 2006.
19. Neither Pat or I went to college, but all four of our daughters did.
20. My favorite jewelry is Silver and Turquoise.
21. I am the oldest of 3 children.
22 .I am the only one that has children.
23. I prefer dark chocolate.
24. I just started a blog, and I am not too good at it. http://patandlindacox.blogspot.com/
25. I have the cutest and smartest grandchildren in the world!
hope you enjoyed it.
Friday, January 30, 2009
Well I am off to bed now, I will be thinking of some good blogs to post. Thank you for reading.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Leave me a comment with what you think of it.
Posted using ShareThis
Thursday, January 22, 2009
This picture is the most recent one that I have received. It shows what she did with the birthday money that we sent her. She bought fabric to make a dress, bought new shoes and bought rice and beans and soap for her family.
This is her family, Notice the little girl with the black shirt on, she is using a shirt as a skirt, you can see the sleeve on her hip. I don't know if her siblings have sponsors or not.
They appear to be poor, Pat and I pray that we are able to make a difference in her and her families life. Compassion International makes sure that the children learn about Jesus, we hope to see her in heaven some day.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
When I receive a new magazine in the mail I do the following: First I flip through and remove all of the postcards that are loose between the pages, then I start at the back page and work my way forward. When I see a recipe or article that looks interesting I fold over the page. When I get to the front cover I set it down, and most likely never pick it back up. I might share the points of interest with a daughter or friend, but most likely I will never make the recipe that looked so good.
Sarah suggested that I rip those recipes out of the magazine and save them, then throw the magazine away. Great idea, but I already have a drawer full of ripped out recipes that I have never tried. I am going to try to use these recipes in 2009, I will write about them and share my favorites. Does anyone want some magazines?
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
When I was a teenager and living in California I misssed the snow too. I remember taking a day trip with my parents to go to "the snow". When I saw snow I actually cried ! well I did not cry this mornig but as we say: It made my tummy happy.
Monday, January 19, 2009
All four of my GREAT daughters came to my house on Saturday morning, we made chicken salad sandwiches, fruit for the chocolate fountain, sandwich spirals, pigs in a blanket, shrimp platters as well as receive items from other good cooks at our church. Lori's pimento cheese, and Danette's bread and dip. Then they delivered the food to the reception hall, and set up the table, made coffee, punch, and melted cheese for fondue. Two of my son in laws also helped. I am very Blessed to have such great girls. I guess the next time I get asked to do something like this I better check their schedule first before I agree to do it.
I went to the orthopedic today and he said that my knee is fine, I probably just broke off some bone spurs, I should be back to normal soon. I go back to visit him in 3 weeks and then he should release me. So I could have done more on Saturday than I did, but you know what? I got to hug and kiss on all of the grandkids while their Moms (and Aunt) were busy helping me.
Thank you Katie, Kelly, Becky, Sarah, Will and Andrew for coming to my rescue ! I love you all very much !!