Monday, January 19, 2009

Knee Injury

Well, as some of you know I fell at work last Friday and hurt my left knee. Doctor's order's were to stay off of my feet, ice on the knee and do not return to work until the orthopedic Dr. said that I could. This past Saturday I had agreed to help a friend with her daughters wedding reception, I was suppose to cater the food and keep the buffet full. Well how do you do that when you have Dr.'s order to stay off of your feet? You call your four daughters to help, so that is what I did !
All four of my GREAT daughters came to my house on Saturday morning, we made chicken salad sandwiches, fruit for the chocolate fountain, sandwich spirals, pigs in a blanket, shrimp platters as well as receive items from other good cooks at our church. Lori's pimento cheese, and Danette's bread and dip. Then they delivered the food to the reception hall, and set up the table, made coffee, punch, and melted cheese for fondue. Two of my son in laws also helped. I am very Blessed to have such great girls. I guess the next time I get asked to do something like this I better check their schedule first before I agree to do it.

I went to the orthopedic today and he said that my knee is fine, I probably just broke off some bone spurs, I should be back to normal soon. I go back to visit him in 3 weeks and then he should release me. So I could have done more on Saturday than I did, but you know what? I got to hug and kiss on all of the grandkids while their Moms (and Aunt) were busy helping me.

Thank you Katie, Kelly, Becky, Sarah, Will and Andrew for coming to my rescue ! I love you all very much !!

3 comments:

  1. No problem, I had fun doing it. It was fun to spend the day with you and my sisters. I am glad that your knee is alright, hopefully it will heal all the way soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, I wish I could have done more to help. I'm glad your knee is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that I could help. It was fun spending time with everyone. I'm really glad that your knee is going to be ok.

    ReplyDelete