Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Magazines

Why do we keep magazines? Last night I was doing some work in my room commonly known as My Shed, I made a pile of all of my most recent magazines.


When I receive a new magazine in the mail I do the following: First I flip through and remove all of the postcards that are loose between the pages, then I start at the back page and work my way forward. When I see a recipe or article that looks interesting I fold over the page. When I get to the front cover I set it down, and most likely never pick it back up. I might share the points of interest with a daughter or friend, but most likely I will never make the recipe that looked so good.

Sarah suggested that I rip those recipes out of the magazine and save them, then throw the magazine away. Great idea, but I already have a drawer full of ripped out recipes that I have never tried. I am going to try to use these recipes in 2009, I will write about them and share my favorites. Does anyone want some magazines?

3 comments:

  1. I had to make myself try recipes out of the cookbooks that I have and I have found some new favorites. Also, one of my friends said that people at nursing homes like to get used magazines to read so maybe donate them to a nursing home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's what one of my friends did with her recipes:
    http://toddlerhoodtales.blogspot.com/2008/12/organize-it.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the suggestion. Maybe I will donate them. I am going to look at the blog you suggested.

    ReplyDelete