Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Squished Coins

I have a collection that does not take up much space. I collect Elongated coins, I call them SQUISHED. The first time I got a squished penny was at the Statue of Liberty in New York City. There was a man with a hand cranked machine that looked like an old fashioned music box, I think that he had a little monkey with him like an organ grinder. It was in 1985. Everytime we travel I look for a penny machine. My family and friends know to look for them for me too. I have quite a few coins from all over the US, including Hawaii. This week Katie brought me 2 Euros from her trip to Germany. I have a dime, and several quarters. If you are ever looking for a present for me just find a pressed penny machine put in 51 cents and squish me a penny !



















2 comments:

  1. You've got quite a collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squished pennies are the coolest, especially the ones squished by a train.

    ReplyDelete